Steve specializes in the areas of executive coaching, life coaching, leadership resourcefulness, and group facilitation. He has experience in guiding senior officers and C-suite executives, individually and their teams, to a clearer understanding of their areas of greatest effectiveness while addressing their critical development challenges.
With over 25 years experience in senior executive positions, Steve is uniquely qualified to serve our clients. He has served a wide variety of companies including as Senior Vice President at Eddie Bauer ($2B; 15,00+ employees; North America, Japan, Europe), Executive Vice President at Sunglass Hut International ($1B, 8,000+ employees and 2000+ locations, North America, Europe, Asia), Vice President at Bath and Body Works ($2B, 35,000+ employees, 1600+ locations) and Senior Vice President at Life Time Fitness ($.5B, 8,000+ employees, 50 locations). Most recently he was Executive Vice President of MGC Diagnostics, a medium-sized medical device firm. He was instrumental in introducing nationally recognized work / life programs while at Eddie Bauer. With his deep experience in human resources, organizational leadership, and coaching, Steve works with clients to define and meet their needs in the areas of executive coaching, leadership team development, succession planning, executive transition, and life coaching.
In his role as coach, Steve combines a blend of curiosity and intuition with validated assessment instruments to help pinpoint and address issues that would have otherwise derailed careers or impeded personal growth. He believes in building long-term sustainable excellence in his clients and giving them the tools to self-observe and self-correct.
- Authorized to administer various assessment tools including Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), 360° instruments and Pulse*Points Leadership Profile
- Designed and implemented on-boarding coaching processes for newly placed executives resulting in accelerated transition and assimilation to a new organization
- Introduced work / life programs resulting in "Best Places to Work" recognition from Fortune, Business Week, and Working Mother magazines.
- Served as C-level officer overseeing Human Resources, Loss Prevention, and Administration
- Led People Soft implementation, change management processes, and talent management initiatives
- Author of "Getting Started - Ten Commandments for Success as You Turn Pro"
Partial client list: Allina, Capella University, Cargill, Delta Dental of Minnesota, Denver International Airport, Fallon Worldwide, GfK Global Custom Research, Life Time Fitness, Medtronic, Metropolitan Airport Commission, MGC Diagnostics, New York University, Starkey Labs, Thrivent Financial, University of Minnesota Athletic Department, University of Minnesota Bio-Sciences Department, Xerox.